Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Dawn Richards Interview

This evening, The DMVjams famm went to Club Milan in Downtown Baltimore for Dawn Richard of Dirty Money mixtape release party. Dawn is a former member of the musical group Danity Kane and was also on Diddy's recent album "Last Train To Paris". Meeting Dawn was a real pleasure, she has a very bubbly personality and a bold distinct voice. This shows through on her new 15 track mixtape "The Prelude To A Tell Tale Heart" which released on February 7th.  
Tonight Chyno (@YouKNOW_Why) Jet (@JETFuturistic) and I went to Club Milan as press and had a private interview arranged with Dawn (@DawnRichard). This was my first "Celebrity Interview" so I felt the high standard of DMVjams and I am glad it went well. After Dawn came in, she was immediately flooded by her fans and cameras. She confirmed that everyone would get their picture and have lots of fun with her. She even said "If drinks are not free, I am pouring a cup for eveeeeerybody!" About ten minutes after her entrance, she went into the back room away from the chaos of the club to conduct our interview. I have done several days of research on her, her mixtape, and her life and came up with a list of 15 questions to ask that I narrowed down to four. With each question, she had very well thought out deep response. She shared her favorite song on the mixtape as well as her inspiration for creating it. Dawn also told me she saw my tweets and love everything that DMVjams is doing right now and was truly honored and excited to have us there. The whole event including my interview was being broadcasted to the web via Ustream and had more than 400 people tune in. The interview video footage should be up very soon on our site www.DMVJAMS.com 
#YouKNOWwhy #DMVjams

To Download Dawn's "Prelude To A Tell Tale Heart" visit her blog dawnrichardblog.com
Twitter @DawnRichard








No comments:

Post a Comment